Starting today, USD Coin (USDC) is available on Virtuse, the largest Bitcoin accumulation platform in Europe. USDC is now traded against Bitcoin (BTC) and brings another option to buy Bitcoin.
What is USD Coin?
USDC is a fully collateralized, U.S. dollar-based stablecoin. It serves as a hedge against crypto volatility, provides immediate liquidity to crypto holders, and can be used to seamlessly and quickly move assets around the world.
- USDC is the fastest growing and the second-biggest stablecoin globally, with a current market capitalization exceeding $11 billion.
- As of April 14, 2021, over $11.09 billion USDC has been issued.
- USDC is based on Ethereum’s ERC-20 standard, making it interoperable with most major wallet and custody services.
- USDC is the first stablecoin to be minted by member organizations of the CENTRE Consortium, a membership-based framework, and governance scheme to develop and grow money on the Internet. Project website: https://www.centre.io/.
- Every month, the U.S. dollar reserves for USDC are attested to by a top 5 accounting services firm, Grant Thornton LLP.
How to deposit USDC on Virtuse
- Navigate to Accounts > Tick “Show all assets” or Search for USD Coin (USDC) > Click “Copy Address,” then send USD Coin (USDC) to this address.
Confirmations required before deposits credit
- 30 (approximately 6 minutes)
Fine print and fees
- Deposit/Withdrawal Minimum: 50 USDC
- Deposit/Withdrawal Fee: 1 USDC
- Trading Minimum: 5 USDC
- Trading Maximum: None
- Original launch: October 2018
- All-Time High: $1.11 (Oct 15, 2018)
- All-Time Low: $0.967 (Oct 26, 2019)
- Current: $1.00 (Apr 14, 2021)
- Market Cap: $11,323,968,123 (Apr 14, 2021)
- 11,087,719,425 USDC
Which services will USDC be available for?
Thank you for supporting Virtuse.
The Virtuse Team